MEDWAY GENERAL NEWS
House account V Trophy Account
When a member wins a club comp voucher or $5 ball comp win, it is applied to your Trophy account.
This can be used by the member for anything in the club except comp fees and membership subscriptions.
You cannot top up your trophy account via eftpos or online.
If a member chooses to add to his House account via eftpos or online this can be used as above plus for comp fees.
However, house account funds cannot be used for members subscription fees.
The Easter gift will be drawn prior to May 30 with amounts on trophy account.
- 1st Prize $500
- 2nd $400
- 3rd $300
- 4th $200
- 5th $100
General Co-Vid Guidelines
Updated Monday May 24
- As of June 1 members and guests may eat and drink on the deck areas after and before golf, as long as social distancing guidelines are followed
- All members must book online prior to hitting off. No-one is able to walk onto the course without a booking at any time. If a positive case of the virus is found we must be able to contact all players.
- All players must play the course in order.
- The practice facilities will be open but have max numbers set.
- The Proshop will be open using Eftpos and House account only- no cash for now.
- Unfinancial members have no playing rights
- 1 Person per cart except for those living together may share
Timesheets & lottery process
A new fairer system of booking has been implemented by Miclub for all Victorian Clubs due to unprecedented demand for tee times. See below for more info.
Local Rules and Match Info
Competitions will commence and run as normal but without major events or Nearest the Pins.
COVID 19 Health and Safety Guidelines for Members
From May 13
Golf Australia Advice
From May 13
2020 Club Championships
In order to position the Club Championships as our premier event, the Golf Committee have made a slight adjustment on this years event- given we are able to play it under normal tee time arrangement post COVID-19.
The main change is that the final round will move from the Sunday to the Saturday the 28th of November.
All qualifiers will play from approx 11.30am- 2 tee after the normal Saturday Am competition. We believe this will add a touch of excitement for the final round with added members on site to watch.
The Open players will begin 1 week earlier than the B,C & D grade with the dates for the Open to be ;
1st Round – Saturday 7th November , 2nd Round – Saturday 14th November , 3rd Round (seeded) – Saturday November 21st November (Approx 8am 1st tee) , Finals All Grades – Saturday 28th November (approx 11.30am-1.00pm Hit off)
B, C & D Grade will be Saturday 14th, Saturday 21st and the final round on the Saturday the 28th. Still 54 holes
The Junior Championship for Boys will be on the 14th and the 21st.
How to top up your house account?
VISA or MASTERCARD ONLY ACCEPTED
Your account will show how much you have to spend as a negative amount.
2020-21 Capital projects and Beyond
Below is a list of potential capital projects for consideration. None are approved and finalized, however a short list to encourage member feedback and discussed.
- Irrigation Software and equipment Upgrade (2020)
- 18th tee re-build
- 18th path extension from tee to fairway, 9th tee path, 14th tee path , 15th tee path
- 8th tee mens and Womens rebuild
- Bunker Upgrades – 1st Greenside, 10th both sides, 5th-18th Greenside bunker projects
- Chipper green upgrade, spare green practice fairway
- 6th hole/ 11th green long term solutions
- Audio clubhouse
- Cap Park signage and line marking
- Security Cameras
- Private cart Shed concrete floor
- Painting, carpet and furniture upgrades
- Members lounge glass/ door extension
- Function room 2nd bi fold door
- Men’s and Women’s toilets/ locker rooms upgrades
Men’s Course Rating and White Course
Golf Victoria have concluded their statistical analysis of our competition records over the past 6 years and have indicated our Blue slope will revert to 124 (from 128) as of Tuesday March 3 2020.
The white course has been properly measured and is set up for competition play with the correct distances.
|GOLF Link Course ID||Tee Colour||Par||Scratch||Slope|
|8||Blue Men Holes 1-9||35||34||125|
|9||Blue Men Holes 10-18||35||36||123|
For up to date news please see the various pages on the member portal of the website or on the mobile site. Facebook also has recent information as well as direct enews sent to members. If you do not receive emails from the club please check your spam folders or go to member details and check your email is current.