Monday Labour Day
Book via timesheet
Bill James Family Cup (formerly Father & Son Event)
Event – 4BBB Stableford
The event is for amateurs who have an immediate family relationship (step-parents, adopted parents and de-facto inclusive).Each two-person team must have an immediate family relationship (step-parents, adopted parents and de-facto inclusive) which must be stated on the entry sheet prior to play. One pairing must be declared as the official pairing at entry time prior to hit off.
Some examples of eligible Family Championship team combinations is found below:
Father/Son; Father/Daughter; Mother/Son; Mother/Daughter; Husband/Wife; Brothers; Sisters; Brother/Sister; Uncle/Nephew; Uncle/Niece; Aunt/Nephew; Aunt/Niece; Grandparent/Grand-son or daughter; First Cousins; Father/Daughter or Son in law; Mother/ Daughter or Son in law.
The winners of the Family Cup may represent the Club in the Golf Victoria Family Cup Championships held in November.
- The event is open to current members of Medway on the day of the event and a guest.
- A member may play with a guest (non member) and still be eligible
- Guests are not required to pay the guest fee, only competition fee payable in order to increase participation.
- All guests must have an official Golflink handicap to be eligible.
- Members such as 5 day or Social Playing may enter the event and be eligible (usually played Sunday) as long as the competition fee of the day is paid prior to hit off.
- The players may enter the timesheet and hit off at any time on the daily timesheet.
- If there is a tie in the nett (handicap), the countback process as described in Deciding Events will be used.
HISTORY – Bill James Father and Son (amended to Family Cup in 2018).
Bill James -Now deceased. Mr Bill James, father of member John James and grandfather of member Ben James. His memorial trophy is a 4BBB Stableford event.