MISCORE- Mobile Phone Scoring
The Medway Golf Club has activated access to the MiScore digital scoring app through to September 2020.
- Stableford and stroke scores only. (members will be happy to know you can’t play Par using the APP)
- The App can be used to score social- non comp rounds also.
- If you use the APP you can only score for your playing partner and yourself as the marker. You cannot self score as the player.
- Note- the GPS is a guide and not indicating of daily pin placements.
- The local and temporary local rules are on the APP as well as the noticeboard in front of the golfshop.
We highly recommend using this app during the COVID-19 crisis to mitigate contact between players, kiosk PCs, and the handling and exchange of scorecards. Physical scorecards will still be available at the club for those who wish to use them. The MiScore App is available for download and allows members and visitors to enter the hole by hole scores during their round rather than using a traditional scorecard.
This scoring app has recently been approved by the R&A and Golf Australia as a method of scoring.
New scoring rule amendment from Golf Australia
Scoring in Stroke Play, Stableford, Par, and Maximum Score
In view of concerns about handling and exchanging scorecards, on a temporary basis, Committees MAY CHOOSE to allow methods of scoring in stroke play, Stableford, Par, and Maximum Score that do not strictly comply with Rule 3.3b, or do not comply with the normal methods used under Rule 3.3b. For example:
- Players may enter their own hole scores on the scorecard (it is not necessary for a marker to do it).
- It is not necessary to have a marker physically certify the player’s hole scores, but some form of verbal certification should take place.
- It is not necessary to physically return a scorecard to the Committee provided the Committee can accept the scores in another way.
After scoring on the MiScore App, please sign as the marker and include the initials of your playing partner in the ‘player’ box. Please, for the safety of yourself and any playing partners, DO NOT digitally sign each others scorecards, only the scorecard you are responsible for.
In addition to the health implications, the mobile score entry provides a number of features and benefits including:
- Reduction in scorecard printing
- Distance to the middle of the green information via GPS
- Pace of play round timer
Now available for Medway members. On trial until September 30. Download for free.