GENERAL CLUB NEWS
Regulations From November 23
- All players must still be on the timesheet and booked prior to hitting off on every occasion, every day (forever)
- Cart hire allowed. (2 people may share a cart), push buggies and hire clubs all in use.
- Cash permitted as well as EFTPOS however we prefer house account usage on most occasions with top ups of large amounts preferable to reduce contact / touch points
- Local rules are on the Mi-Score APP and on the noticeboard.
- Social distancing applies in all areas with members and guests to observe all signage on all occasions
- Face masks must be carried at all times and worn in the Golfshop and the clubhouse until seated.
- Bar and member lounge – Max 40 , Function Room Max 60, Small meeting room Max 12.
- Deck – social distancing
House account Questions
What to do if I think my balance is incorrect or I don’t understand it?
Go to my account, click on the house or trophy account and check all your top ups and items purchased. If you still have a query come to the office or phone, email Brett on email@example.com with as much info as possible and I can investigate. The gofshop and bar staff cannot view all details to assist.
Using the House account?
Since we started charging the house account for comp fees, many members are using it to pay for all purchases in the club. This will obviously reduce your balance fast. Please top up regularly and ensure your have enough at the tills before walking off. Transactions cannot be completed unless you have enough on your balance and “ill pay later” is not allowed or possible with staff changes during the day.
The Comp fee charge is making my house account in positive?
Although not possible at the tills purchasing drinks, golf items the comp fee charge can take your house account into an “owing” amount. The office will run reports twice a week and inform all members if their balance gets above $20 to top up or at least leave notes for golfshop to remind members prior to next hit off.
If a members falls $50 owing on their house account, a further reminder will be sent and the amount must be cleared immediately to be able to play further competition rounds.
Entering the comps or not entering?
We ask all members to still come into the Golfshop to either verbally say you are in the comp or not in the comp so Golfstaff can correctly enter you in the daily comp. We also need to know if you are not in the comp so we don’t incorrectly charge you a comp fee by mistake.
We thank all members for their understanding so far in this trial. We will keep making subtle improvements where we can to make your experience as simple as possible.
Medway Golf Club – Junior Co-ordinator
Medway Golf Club needs to continue to enhance and support our ever increasing Junior and cadet membership.
To do this the Club has decided to appoint a Junior Golf Co-ordinator.
The Junior Coordinator acts as the catalyst for the smooth running of juniors in a Golf Club. The role of the Junior Coordinator is one of the most rewarding roles because of the impact it has on developing both golf and life skills of young people.
A co-ordinator will act under the Golf Committee and with the club manager, golf professional, pennant managers and coaches to communicate with junior members, co-ordinate on course golf, communicate upcoming events and welcome new juniors to the club.
There will be a need to offer some supervision helping learn rules. etiquette and some skill development
This person must have a working with children certificate.
If you are interested please email or speak to the Club manager Brett Scothern.
Timesheets/ Tee times
A notice has been placed on all timesheets regarding opening times.
Once timesheets return to opening 10 days prior at 7.30am, 7 Day Lite and Flexi members will have access 7 days prior, Social playing members and Medway Mates will have access 4 days prior. (subject to discretion of golf committee)
Typically for normal timesheets;
- 7 day Lite have no access to timesheets Saturday’s between 7am-9am and Thursday’s 11am-1pm. (note- 7 Day Lite are capped to 12 rounds in a 12 month period on Thursday, Saturday and Sunday during competition times (and Tuesday for Women as per by-laws)
- Flexi members “new Category” only have access to timesheets on Mondays, Tuesday’s, Wednesday’s, Thursday between 7am-9am, Saturday’s between 11am-1pm and Sunday’s. (Flexi Members are capped to 12 comp rounds in a 12 month period on the main comp days and have no access to the course as per their conditions in the by-laws)
- Social members have access to timesheets 4 days prior , but are subject to manager discretion. A member guest fee is payable at all times. 12 rounds cap exists in a 12 month period
- Women’s Trial Members have access as per playing rights in the by laws.
For information on membership contact the office.
Covid – 19
Please do not become complacent about COVID-19. A cluster at the Club will most likely require closure and it is therefore incumbent on every member to do what is required to keep yourself, your fellow members, and our staff safe.
We have a COVID-19 Action plan in place for staff in all areas of the club and cleaning procedures.
Competition Fee Charges
See match and competition pages
How to top up your house account?
Instructions below on how to do it at home via VISA or MASTERCARD.
House account V Trophy Account
When a member wins a club comp voucher or $5 ball comp win, it is applied to your Expiring Trophy account.
This can be used by the member for anything in the club except comp fees and membership subscriptions.
You cannot top up your expiring trophy account via eftpos or online.
Note- the balance does not expire. The Board so far have decided not to expire any trophy or ball comp winnings and allow members to use as they please.
If a member chooses to add to his House account via eftpos or online this can be used as above plus for comp fees.
However, house account funds cannot be used for members subscription fees.
Facebook / Instagram
For members using social media, the Club does not use the comments section to answer member queries. If you have a question please email the office or golfstaff or check the website for details.
For up to date news please see the various pages on the member portal of the website or on the mobile site. Facebook also has recent information as well as direct enews sent to members. If you do not receive emails from the club please check your spam folders or go to member details and check your email is current.